Tuesday 30 November 2010

Winter Skin Woes and Miracles

Having spent the majority of the weekend flopped under a blanket cuddling a big box of Kleenex, and the entirety of Monday at work dreaming about hiding under said blanket I think it is fair to say that I am miserably ill. As everyone relishes telling me, whether to prove themselves very observant, or simply point out that I'm a bit pathetic, I get ill a lot! If someone even thinks about sneezing on me on the tube I can pretty much tell that.. yup there you have it...
No surprises really as I was always a sickly kid, nothing debilitating, so I shouldn't really complain, but it is nevertheless annoying. Especially as I seem to be the only person (well, the only person I have ever met) who is allergic to paracetamol, which is conveniently found in every single cold/ flu medicine, so I have to go it 'cold' turkey. I won't even begin to tell you what happened the last time I sneaked a lemsip past the bf in desperation...

I will now stop feeling sorry for myself and get to the point of this post. As I am currently burning at approximately 15 million degrees Celsius (same as the Sun's core) my skin is getting horribly dry, flakey and chapped. So I thought this would be an appropriate time to tell you about my winter/ lurgy skin saviour.

Meet Embryolisse 24 hour miracle cream. I was curious about Embryolisse and the hype surrounding it, as it is always being praised by MUAs, but I never thought it would work so well for me.
 
This deeply hydrating, yet gentle cream has soothed my skin and really helped reduce inflamation. What I love about it is that it really moisturises, without feeling greasy and immediately softens tight skin leaving it feeling comfortable. Packed full of effective ingredients such as shea butter, beeswax and aloe vera while being paraben free it does exactly what it sets out to do. When your skin is extremely sensitive you want something simple and effective and as this has no scent it really calms irritation at a time when I find my regular creams (Liz Earle, Origins, even Nivea) actually sting. This is especially true around the nose, where the skin can be particularly raw - this is the only cream (apart from EA 8 hour) that I can apply to this area without feeling the burn and it has really helped as an overnight treatment.

If you have sensitive skin prone to dryness I highly recommend this cream. I was sent a sample of it to try, but I will definitely be purchasing a tube as it has worked absolute wonders at my time of need. Plus let's face it, in a few weeks time I will be back in bed cursing my flakey nose lol.

Although Embryolisse is widely available in Europe it is a notorious pain to find in the UK. Luckily Cocobeau now stock a range of Embryolisse products and the 24 Hour Miracle Cream is available  here priced at £10 for 30ml and £16 for 75ml.

Let me know if you have tried this miracle cream and if you recommend any other Embryolisse products. I am impressed so far and am keen to try more of the range :). xxx
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I'm alwaysss ill aswell! :( I'm ill right now, its so frustrating! I'm ill every 2 - 3 weeks! Get well soon hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. does anyone know where to get online the embriolisse cream?
    i live in italy and i cannot find that brand :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try this since I saw Risa (MakeupByRisa on youtube) rave about it and use it in tons of her videos. I have pretty dry skin, so I definitely wanna give this a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i checke and coc beau ships to italy :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try this, must have a look online of where to source it in Ireland LovelyGirlieBits

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually use Ibuprofen when ill, it is much stronger than paracetamol. Isn't that an option for you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for doing an honest introduction of this. I’m always skeptical of reviews when the product was given to the reviewer. I’ve been wondering about these products, but I just can’t bring myself to spend the money on them. Looks like I’ll pass on this one http://blog.soliditytrade.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig