Monday 22 November 2010

Party in Purple

It's getting dark at 4pm, the streets are full of twinkling lights and Starbucks are serving Eggnog Lattes. This can only mean one thing.. I will gain three stone in the next few weeks by comfort eating, hiding indoors under a blanket and drinking copious amounts of said lattes? Yup.. it's time to get into the Christmas spirit. So to help you all along this morning I uploaded my first Christmas tutorial.


I was inspired by the L'ancome winter collection to create this look. I love the frosty combination of colours and the subtle pairing of the peach lip with the vibrant purple eye.
I also wanted to show that you don't have to purchase the products used in promotional photos and used a mix of brands including Dior, YSL, Guerlain and Benefit to recreate this L'ancome look. The key element was of course the Guerlain eyeshadow palette. I think this palette would make a beautiful gift! The only thing I dislike about it is the 'overspray' on the pink and frosty cream shadows as it's a slightly different colour to the shadow underneath... it's a little deceptive, but not really a deal breaker ;).
To start the Festive season in style and as a thank you for watching my videos Strawberrynet are also kindly offering each of my readers an exclusive *free gift* of Stila High Shine Lip Color # 14 Darby with every purchase over US$25. This would be a lovely colour for the look above, as it is neutral, but not too pale.

To receive your free gift just click here to go to the strawberrynet site and the Stila lip colour will be added automatically at checkout :).
I hope you enjoy the first of many Christmas tutorials to come! xxx
SHARE:

3 comments

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig