Friday 8 October 2010

Work It Out: Installment Vingt-Trois

In one of my earlier posts I featured a navy Juicy Couture cardigan and was surprised by how many of you lovelies commented on it. Since Juicy Couture isn't a huge brand in the UK, and isn't very easily accessible, I think a lot of people are not aware of their extensive clothes range, other than the infamous 'velour' tracksuits ;). I therefore wanted to show you some formal pieces I have from Juicy.
Suit: Juicy Couture. Shirt: Gap. My public transport ballet flats ;): Faith.

I purchased this suit a very long time ago when I was visiting New York. I think I was about 18-19, so I wanted something smart to wear for internships, but still age appropriate and fun. 

The shape of the jacket is classic and flattering, while the shorter pleated skirt adds a younger twist. I still absolutely love this suit, though I do sometimes feel like a schoolgirl in uniform while wearing it. I probably only have a few years left to wear it.. and get away with it (especially as my Birthday is approaching very soon.. the 28th!!).

P.S. - I wish my school uniform looked like this.. we had loooooong, thick, navy wool skirts, pinstripe shirts and v neck jumpers - more Hoggwarts than Cruel Intentions ;).

What do you guys think of this modern take on a classic suit? Cute or preppy uniform? Are you surprised that Juicy make suits?
xxx
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. im not suprised cos i go and look on the US site and sigh! lovely suit, but i still love the velour hoodies :D

    my school uniform was grey and "gold" (i.e. mustard). gives the chills thinking about it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew they did but only very recently when I actually looked into the store b/c I never wore the trackies. You look spectacular, and agreed about the uniform. Mine was a plaid kilt and ugly white polos and crest sweaters. Scratchy maximus, ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's actually a really nice suit! I'm not much of a fan of the Juicy brand...

    I have such a hard time finding nice suits that are of good quality and affordable. So many companies forget to put a flattering shape to the jacket and make them rather boxy. Living in Australia, clothes are soooo overpriced here! I can't wait until Zara makes a move in this market :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely adorable!!
    *jealous!* ;)

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig